WHAT TO WEAR TO THE POLO
Posted: Dec 08 2015
If like me you have been reminiscing about the Spring Racing Carnival and all the beautiful fashion that comes with it, you will be glad to hear the Polo Season is upon us and that means you have yet another excuse to dress up! This month on the spectacular grounds of The Werribee Mansion, Jeep's Christmas Polo will take place. Like all Victorian Polo events the day will be full of entertainment, delicious food, music and fashion - and of course a visit from Santa.
Next month, on the 9th of January comes the most popular Polo event of the year, the Portsea Polo where friends gather beach side to enjoy the entertainment. This truly is one of the most glamorous events of the year and a great way to celebrate the new year with friends. However, if you can't make it down the coast there is also Jeep Ladies Day on the 20th of February at Werribee Mansion, with $20 bus transfers to and from the event available from The Botanical in South Yarra.
Of course once you decide on an event then it's time to decide on an outfit! We have broken down some of the most popular Polo fashion trends here for you.
The Polo dress code is renowned for being more relaxed and heavily inspired by the warm weather which calls for light weight dresses, linen pants and jumpsuits. If there are three words that come to mind when putting together an outfit for the Polo, they are; White, Lace and Wide-Brim.
With white generally being a popular colour choice in summer, it is no surprise that it is seen en masse at the Polo.
A white outfit will give you a fresh and crisp summer look which you can choose to dress up with bright accessories if you're lusting after a splash of colour.
1. White Suede 'Overlay Dress' | RRP $559 // RENT $129
2. Josh Goot 'Split Panel Tank & Skirt' | RRP $1090 // RENT $189
3. White Suede 'Geo Lace Top & Skirt' | RRP $728 // RENT $149
In recent years lace has become the most popular fabric worn to the Polo. Fashion influencer, Bec Judd frequently opting to wear gorgeous lace jumpsuits when she attends.
Lace lends itself perfectly to the Polo dress code, balancing both the fun and glamorous sides of the event.
1. Love Honor 'Stella Dress' | RRP $290 // RENT $119
2. Nicholas The Label 'Floral Lace Rouleau Dress' | RRP $599 // RENT $149
3. Alice McCall 'Eye Catcher Jumpsuit' | RRP $440 // RENT $119
One of our favourite things about the Polo is it is a great excuse to wear a hat! Traditionally wide brim hats such as Boaters and Panama Hats are the most popular, but delicate head bands can also be the perfect finishing touch to your outfit.
1. Danica Erard 'Boater Hat' | RRP $620 // RENT $139
2. Viktoria Novak 'Abracadabra Crown' | RRP $770 // RENT $139
3. Natalie Bikicki 'Gold Ears' | RRP $350 // RENT $99
Of course if white, lace or wide brims aren't your thing there are many other fantastic fashion trends you can explore.
Amongst the waves of white you will see lots of bright colours at the Polo. Floral prints and geometric patterns in bold colour palettes of orange, yellow, red and pink are a surefire hit at the Polo.
1. By Johnny 'Triangle Pipe Mini Dress' RRP $350 // RENT $129
2. White Suede 'Electric Etch Ethereal Dress' RRP $369 // RENT $99
3. Pasducuhas 'Synthesize Midi Dress' RRP $219 // RENT $89
These three styles will ensure you are right on trend at the Polo, and not too hot! Choosing a dress that has a flared skirt or is made up of light weight fabric such as silk or cotton will ensure you stay cool on the day.
Maxi dresses and skirts are also a great choice for the Polo. They fit into the relaxed summer dress code perfectly, and still offer a little taste of glamour.
1. Josh Goot 'Layered Tank Dress' | RRP $995 // RENT $179
2. Josh Goot 'Split Longline Dress' | RRP $895 // RENT $169
SHOES & SUNGLASSES
As you will spend most of the day on the grass, sandals or wedges are the best foot wear choice and sunglasses, a must have accessory.
We can't wait to see your Polo outfits come together.
Happy Renting! X