THE REAL COST OF BEING A WEDDING GUEST
Posted: Feb 04 2015
It is no surprise to me that majority of my customers are wedding guests. It's a special occasion that calls for a special dress and you want to look your best in front of the cameras, but you can't wear the same dress you wore to the last wedding because all of the same people are going to be there!
Guys have it so easy.
An American Express survey revealed that wedding guests spend an average of $539 on each wedding they attend. A figure which is likely to be very similar in Australia when you consider the travel, gift, outfit and accommodation.The average age for females to get married is now 29, and it is more than likely that you will receive dozens of invitations to different weddings all around the same time.
Mamamia columnist Lucy Gransbury recently joked, "My friends' weddings are sending me broke." A statement that will ring true for many women in March (Australia's most popular month for weddings). Whilst we can't help Lucy reduce the cover charge for a Hens Night, we can certainly help reduce the outfit cost.
If you attend on average three weddings per year, and purchase a $350 dress for each you will be looking at a receipt for $1050.00. However, if you were to rent three dresses of the same value you can save a huge $723.00.
Just take a moment to think about what you could spend that $723.00 on...shoes, a weekend away, dinner at Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck.
So, you really can afford a beautiful dress for that upcoming wedding, here are some tips for breaking down the dress code;
- Don't wear white. It's the Bride's special day, enough said!
- Don't wear anything too short.
- Use the occasion to try out something flirty and fun. A bold pattern or bright colour is perfect for a daytime wedding, whilst a knee-length cocktail dress will carry you into the evening.
All of these fabulous dresses are available to rent for your next special occasion. We take care of postage & dry cleaning so that you can focus on enjoying the day!
1. Bec & Bridge 'Pandora Dress' RRP $200.00 | RENT $109
2. Ellery 'Islington Dress' RRP $1650 | RENT $299
3. By Johnny 'Gallery Panel Dress' RRP $400 | RENT $109
4. Macgraw 'Spinnaker Dress' RRP $695 | RENT $179
5. By Johnny 'Sorbet Strapless Dress' RRP $350 | RENT $109